Happy New Year! And to start off the new year is the January Ticker 2019 newsletter! Thanks to Sandy our editor for all the hard work!
Check out the latest issue of the December 2018 Ticker our newsletter.
Hello fellow “streamers”! I hope all are well. Thanks again to Chris and Stefanie Dillow and Don Russel for their service to our club and to Mary Ellen and John Deegan for their willingness to take on the duties of treasurer and 2nd vice president.
Our October weekender was rainy, sunny, steamy and lots of fun! We were able to have campfires on
Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning. (Have I mentioned that I like campfires?) Friday night you could’ve found us at Brunos for some great pizza. Saturday afternoon, between rain showers, several members explored the “Farm” that is in Prophetstown State Park. We were allowed to play the “player piano” in the 1920’s farmhouse that had many period correct furnishings in each room. We could also buy farm grown meats and fresh farm eggs. A “HUGE” thank you to the Baldwins for hosting Saturday nights’ chili cook-off/pitch-in/business meetings in their warm, dry garage. Congrats to Rachelle Swan for being voted “Best” chili (my sinuses are still clear!).
I hope you will camp and have fun with the good folks in the CIAC.
Happy Trails – Charlie Mason, President, CIAC
Check out the latest issue of the Ticker. November 2018 Ticker
Central Indiana Airstream Club Members,
I am pleased to present to you the 2019 Slate of Officers for the Central Indiana Airstream Club, Unit 41, WBAC.
President Charlie Mason
1st VP Dan Beck
2nd VP John Deegan
Past president Chris Dillow
Secretary Donna Mason
Treasurer Mary Ellen Deegan
Trustee 1 Mike Brown (exp 2019)
Trustee 2 Mary Jo Brown (exp 2019)
Trustee 3 Darryl Baldwin (exp 2020)
Trustee 4 Denise Baldwin (exp 2020)
It’s looking like rain is possible during our Pitch-In Saturday so just to be safe I rented a shelter for us. It’s called the Middle Shelter (A on the map attached). We will need to drive to it for the Pitch-In. Lets meet there by 5:30pm. We will be there little before 5pm to cook the dogs. Conveniently it is right next to the Amphitheater where the Storytelling will take place after dinner.
Lusk Open House, Turkey Run State Park
Hike out or drive to Lusk Home. Built in 1841, this house tells the story of Turkey Run’s first stewards. Stop by anytime during the open house to hear about the Lusk story.
Campers and lodgers use your sleuthing skills to determine the lie during “Two Truths and a Lie” by listening carefully to the stories, asking insightful questions and using your intuition. Once the liar has been revealed, choose to share your own park adventure in small groups. Story telling will begin at 7:30pm at the Turkey Run State Park amphitheater. Featured storyteller will be: Lou Ann Homan, Bob Sander, and David Matlack.
Funding for this program is provided by the Indiana Arts Commission, The National Endowment for the Arts, the Indiana State Parks, and Storytelling Arts of Indiana.
Turkey Run State Park amphitheater, which is located very near the pool.
The Dells rally is getting closer! I’m going to do bullet points because this is getting a little lengthy.
- We have two new units for the rally and we have lost two. Total head count 25.
- Our kitty fee has been reduced from $20 per person to $10 per person. We can do this because the club voted at a recent board meeting to help with the cost of this rally. Yay!
- Dan Beck pointed out that he would like to have specific directions to the campground. Great idea, Dan, thanks.
FROM INDIANAPOLIS –
Follow I-74 West to Bloomington/Normal IL
I-74 circles around the west side of Bloomington, where it joins I-55.
Follow I-55 to exit 164 for I-39 North.
Follow I-39 north to I-90 West.
Continue on I-90/94 to Wisconsin Dells/Lake Delton.
The park is located off Hwy 90/94, Exit 89. Go southwest on Hwy 23 for 1/4 mile, and the park will be on the right.
Country Roads Motorhome & RV Park
Note: Google Maps locates this park in Wisconsin Dells. Their business address, as listed on their website, is actually Lake Delton. It’s the same place. Watch for signs on the highway that say Country Roads RV Park. There are 4 Wisconsin Dells area exits, and coming from the south, this is the second one.
- We have planned two meals in the campground, and two restaurant meals. While these are subject to change, we know some of you have special dietary needs and may need to plan ahead. As it stands right now :
- The first campground meal will be pulled pork sandwiches, with slaw, baked beans, potato salad, and ice cream. The second one will be a salad and pizza party.
- Our restaurant meals will be at Paul Bunyan’s Cook Shanty (eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, baked apples, etc) and Sprecher’s Restaurant & Pub, traditional American fare. (This is a change from the original plan, as we have been unable to contact Mexicali Rose – I think they must be permanently closed.) Thanks to Erin Beals for her assistance with this.
See you all soon, in beautiful Wisconsin! If you have questions about the rally please let us know.